Fri, Oct 20|
Mt Holly Friends Meeting
Advanced (Level 2) Conflict Resolution Workshop
If you’ve taken the AVP Basic (Level 1) Workshop, then this Advanced Workshop in conflict resolution is for you.
Time & Location
Oct 20, 2023, 5:30 PM – Oct 22, 2023, 5:30 PM
Mt Holly Friends Meeting, 81 High St, Mt Holly, NJ 08060, USA
About the event
The Advanced (Level 2) Workshop focuses on the underlying causes of violence, both in ourselves and in the world around us, such as fear, anger, stereotyping and power. In this fun, interactive workshop we explore deeper ways to resolve conflicts, including assertiveness and forgiveness. Participants must have completed an AVP Basic Workshop. Participants who complete this workshop qualify for the next level workshop, where you can train to be an AVP facilitator and bring these skills to your own community or workplace. This 3-session personal growth workshop is the second step to becoming a trained nonviolence facilitator with the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP).
- When: October 20, 21 and 22, 2023 (This is a 3-session commitment)
- Friday, Oct. 20: 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. ET
- Saturday. Oct. 21: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET
- Sunday. Oct. 22: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Mount Holly Friends Meeting, 81 High Street, Mount Holly, NJ 08060
- Who: Program facilitators have been trained by the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP). They lead workshops at community groups and prisons in New Jersey.
- How much: A suggested donation of $50 to $100 covers materials, lunch on Saturday and Sunday, and snacks. However, no one is turned away if they can't pay.
- Space is limited. Registration deadline is Wednesday. October 18th.
- How do I register for the Workshop? Go to https://tinyurl.com/avpnj-2023-10. Use the "Donate" button to pay any amount that you are able. The suggested donation is $50 to $100, but you can put in as little as $1. If you are not able to pay, but would like to attend, please call us at the number below.
- For more information, contact Mimi Scalia at 609-760-1090.