Fri, Sep 15|
AVP Basic Workshop - Asbury Park, NJ
Take a Basic Workshop with us! Sept 15-16 and 22-23, 2023 in Asbury Park, NJ
Time & Location
Sep 15, 2023, 6:00 PM
Trinity Church, 503 Asbury Ave, Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA
About the event
Create a Culture of Peace
Learn to be a peacemaker! This workshop uses our shared life experiences, interactive exercises and games to explore how to respond with nonviolence in situations where injustice, frustration and anger can lead to aggression and hostility. This 4-day program is your first step in training to lead peace programs in your community.
This AVP workshop can help us:
- Understand why conflict happens
- Manage strong feelings such as anger and fear
- Build good relationships with other people
- Communicate well in difficult situations
- Be true to yourself while respecting other people
- Friday, Sept. 15 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 16 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 22 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 23 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(Because all the activities build on one another, participants need to attend all 4 sessions to receive a certificate of completion)
Where: Trinity Church, 503 Asbury Ave., Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Who: Program facilitators have been trained by the Alternatives to Violence Project to lead workshops in community settings and prisons.
How much: Suggested donation of $50-$100 coversall materials and lunches. Pay what you can: No one is turned away if they can’t pay the full donation.
Deadline to register: September 13. Space is limited. Please use this link to register: https://tinyurl.com/AVPNJ-2023-09
Questions? Call Eleanor at 732-567-2640.